28/03/2023 by PRINCE OSEI AKOWUAH & BLESSED OWUSU 0 Comments
REACT PARTNER WITH ORTHOPEDIC CENTRE NSAWAM (OTC) TO SUPPORT DISABLED CHILDREN (CEO VISIT PART 3)
REACT CEO Prince Osei Akowuah visited the Orthopaedic Training Centre (OTC Nsawam) to finalise our partnership in supporting disabled children in Ghana. During the visit Prince had a deeper discussion with OTC Centre director, Siter Elizabeth Newman after two years of signing our M.O.U. We both shared our organisation’s core vision and values and agreed our two organisations shared a common vision. We, therefore, agreed on the following to complement each other’s efforts as a measure to build on our relationship:
· REACT can refer any of our beneficiaries to OTC for support.
· OTC can approach REACT to discuss any support they see as appropriate.
· REACT to be part of OTC’s supporting and fundraising activities every year.
· OTC to share its calendar for the year and REACT will choose which programme aligns with our interest to be part of
· REACT promised some of our books and toys to the centre after touring around the facility.
· REACT will further explore into other areas of cooperation between our organisations.
OTC Overview: mainly for the rehabilitation of the physically challenged in Ghana and West Africa. The Centre consists of an orthopaedic clinic & workshop, a children’s department and the prosthetics and orthopaedic training college. It has a mobile orthopaedic unit which tours the country on a regular basis providing support to those unable to visit the Centre.
Story by: Prince Osei Akowuah
Video and pictures by: Blessed Owusu